" >
ADA Accessibility Information
Accessibility

A
A

A

How Many Times Should I Floss Within A Day?


Posted on 9/19/2022 by Southern Family Dental Care
How Many Times Should I Floss Within A Day?Many people usually have a routine of brushing their teeth two times a day. That's wonderful. Research, however, shows that brushing our teeth only makes our teeth 70% clean. The remaining 30% remains dirty and can cause plaque to occupy the mouth. This is harmful as it can cause infections in the mouth and affect a person's oral health. Plaque is a thin microbial biofilm that develops when food substances are left in the mouth. Bacteria act on the plaque producing lactic acid that can lead to erosion of the enamel. The whole process can cause dental diseases and also affect the gums.

Why Is Flossing So Important and How Is It Done?


Flossing is the process of passing through a medicated thread between the teeth. Dentists recommend using a long thread that can access all the teeth. A person should floss their teeth by passing the thread through a tooth in a C shape for about three times. You can notice dirt getting off the teeth. The same applies on the opposite sid of the same tooth then repeat the process on the other tooth.

How Can I Know That I Am Flossing In the Correct Manner?


There are many ways to know whether you are flossing your teeth in the correct procedure. It is required to floss teeth after we take food on a daily basis. Pressure should be applied so as to remove all plaque in our teeth. People who experience bad breath in the morning after flossing their teeth at night, tend to not be flossing in the correct manner.

Call us today to schedule an appointment with us. You will talk to our trained specialists about the best floss to use for your teeth and also get a dental checkup.

Office:


3961 Holcomb Bridge Rd Suite 100
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092


Phone:


470-410-9774

Hours:


Mon - Thur: 7 am - 4 pm
Fri, Sat, & Sun: Closed



Copyright © 2021-2022 Southern Family Dental Care - Clint Baugham DDS and WEO Media (Touchpoint Communications LLC). All rights reserved.  Sitemap
About Us - Peachtree Corners, GA • Southern Family Dental Care
At Southern Family Dental Care, we want our patients to maintain healthy, bright, and beautiful smiles! Click here to learn more about us.


Southern Family Dental Care - Clint Baugham DDS, 3961 Holcomb Bridge Rd. Suite 100, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092 | 470-410-9774 | southernfamilydentalcare.com | 11/30/2022 | Related Phrases: dentist Peachtree Corners GA |